Fertility is the ability to get pregnant. The time it takes to get pregnant may vary. Among the majority of couples (8 out of 10 couples) where woman age is below 35 years – the woman will get pregnant within one year if the couple have regular unprotected sex (having sex every 2 to 3 days).
Pregnancy or conception has the following steps:
- One of the ovaries releases egg (the process is known as ovulation)
- The egg goes through fallopian tube
- A man’s sperm joins (fertilize) the egg in the fallopian tube. The process is known as fertilization.
- The fertilized egg goes through the fallopian tube towards the uterus (womb)
- The fertilized egg attached to the inside of the uterus (implantation).
The completion of all these steps results in pregnancy. If any of the above steps fail (due to problems) a woman fails to get pregnant. This is known as infertility. If it is the case then, you should seek an appointment with an infertility specialist in Hyderabad.
Causes of Infertility
When a woman ovulates properly and regularly, she has egg ready to be fertilized by the right sperm. Therefore, without ovulation, there is no fertilization and no pregnancy. A majority of female infertility is caused by problems associated with ovulation. Obesity, menstrual irregularities or absent menstrual periods are some of the symptoms that indicate absence of ovulation. PCOS is the most common cause of infertility in women. Excess prolactin production and Primary ovarian insufficiency are the other causes of female infertility.
The other less common causes of female infertility include endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease (blocked fallopian tube) and other issues associated with the uterus such as uterine fibroids.
A couple who has not been able to conceive or a woman who is unable to pregnant even after one year of marriage should make an appointment with the infertility specialist in Hyderabad.
You should meet an infertility specialist i Hyderabad if you:
- Have a known fertility issue (PCOS or endometriosis)
- Have irregular periods
- No periods
- Are above 36 years age and haven’t got pregnant after 6 months of trying
- you are over 36 (fertility decreases with age)
- Have a partner with a known fertility issue
- Are worried that your partner may have a serious medical issue which may be affecting your ability to conceive.
- Had more than one miscarriage
- Have not gotten pregnant after 12 months of trying